Monitoring and Evaluation of 2008 and 2009 MDGs Projects and programmes in Imo State – Civil Society Organization.
ESERC executed consultancy service for the monitoring and evaluation of 2008 and 2009 Debt Relief Gains (DRGs) Funded Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) project and programmes (Civil Society Organization –CSO) in Imo state.
The sectors ESERC monitored included:
1. Health sector
2. Education sector
3. Water and sanitation
4. Agricultural sector
ESERC monitored and supervised all the projects executed in the State by Contractors ensuring standards were met and also interacted with the community beneficiaries of these projects to ascertain whether they were involved in decision making before the projects were sited . ESERC reported her findings to the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs (OSSAP-MGDs).
Some of ESERC findings were:
1. Many projects were abandoned by the contractors.
2. Some contractors claimed they were not fully mobilized to complete the projects.
3. in most cases, the communities were not involved in decision making about the project, there were no needs assessment before projects were site.
4. There were no community ownership of the projects in most beneficiary communities.
5. Most of the projects lacked maintenance by the community beneficiaries as most of the projects were abandoned as a result of minor problems.